Saturday, December 24, 2011

1976 Buick Electra Limited - Must Go!

Got Helen listed on eBay with no reserve, so she will definitely sell tomorrow (Christmas Day) to the high bidder. With about a day left, she is just over $2K. A very low price for a nice survivor like that, but I decided I would not let regrets over the selling price stop me from auctioning her off. I have so overwhelmed myself with projects, and it seems the '49 will forever be in pieces. And life around me needs to get some attention too. I can't be under a car all the time. Now that I seem to have pinched nerves in every part of my body, working on cars is a lot harder and I just don't have the energy to deal with multiple projects. Then too, driving around L.A. is not much fun and not about to improve either. I have my '55 Pontiac which has steering issues I need to plan out and address, and I have that perpetual money sink, the '49 Cad. That's enough. Helen is still a nice car and needs nothing but ongoing love and attention, but she's not getting that and I want the space and resources she's taking up. I wish I had a big ranch out in the sticks I could keep a nice car like Helen and go for long drives on quiet rural roads. Not L.A. Rude bitches, probably carrying guns so you don't want to piss them off, hog the roads and make driving miserable. I'm sick of it.

The Great Autos of Yesteryear car club treasurer came to see Helen today. Here's what he posted on Facebook:


Tomorrow at 4:45 PM we'll know who Helen's new owner is.

No comments:

Post a Comment