Monday, April 4, 2011

Drive

Needed to go to OSH today so I took the opportunity to drive Helen. This seems to be when I will take one of the girls out because its a longer than usual "errand" type run and the parking lot is big enough I don't feel cramped trying to park a large car.

Of course, the ride started out on the wrong foot when one of the first intersections I came to, some fine California driver just drove right through the stop without even slowing down or looking in my direction. The car was nice but the driver was some dumpy female with a cigarette dangling out of her mouth. No comment as to the type of person who looks and drives like that, but it reminds me how many people like that there happen to be around here and it leaves me feeling less and less interested in going out for a drive. And the point of having nice cars if you loose interest in driving is...?

Meanwhile, Helen needed some fuel so a stop at Shell was in order. The car is big and comfortable to ride in, and floats along like she always did. There are a lot of rattles and noises that Los Angeles streets are so good at bringing out in a car. Overall it was more enjoyable coming back from OSH than going, as my mind has gotten past the stop sign incident by then... more or less. Still, I wonder how often I will drive her and if I shouldn't offer her for sale. She is one of the nicest cars I've ever driven, and would be hard to replace.

No comments:

Post a Comment