Wednesday, July 9, 2008

RODZ

Helen is spending a few days at "RODZ" starting today. Mike is the guy I'm working with there and he let me know that Helen's differential is making the rumble I've been hearing. But, they won't know if it is just bearings and seals or if the gears need to be replaced as well until they get the pumpkin out. They want to steam clean the engine and whole undercarriage so they can see what they are doing... no charge. They also looked over the rest of the car and found that the valve cover gaskets are leaking... I knew this, the trans output shaft seal is leaking... I knew this too... So they want to replace the VC gaskets, trans fluid and filter along with the seal. And the water pump /timing cover assembly has a water leak... I knew it was leaking a small amount of water in that area but hadn't found the source yet. They will fix all of this including a new water pump, and throw new belts on while they are at it for $2100. But Mike warned me that if the gears do need to be replaced, it will be another $350. I think it's extremely reasonable considering the last time I had a third member serviced, it was around $1600 with no extras. He told me it might be done Friday but more than likely it will be Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment