Saturday, March 15, 2008

Left rear power lock actuator went in, had to mount it slightly further forward than I did the right side. Then the front left door... the fronts are completely different and the actuators have to mount vertically toward the bottom of the door with the action being up and down, while the rears were mounted horizontally at the top of the door. Then the right front door caused me a lot of trouble getting the linkage lined up and connected. Not enough openings in the sheet metal to get in there and work. Had a lot of trouble getting the factory linkage in the two fronts loosened up and limber enough for the actuators to work. No wonder GM used those huge (and LOUD) solenoids from the factory. With all the lock actuators working right, I put in the keyless module next. I got it working with the door locks easily but had trouble with the connector I used to tap into the parking lights. Eventually started over with a fresh tap and now the light flash function is working too. I ran short of one connector so I was unable to finish the trunk pop. Everything else is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment