Sunday, March 16, 2008

[68960] Oil Change. Shell 10-40 plus STP Red, K&N filter HP-2003. Bought a set of rear body fillers for the bumper on eBay. Proceeded to attach the last connector so the trunk pop now works, then cleaned up the loose wires laying about, etc. I put new Bosch wipers on and added three cans of R-134a+ to the A/C System. It is blowing cold, but we'll see how fast it leaks out. Next I changed the oil. Then I changed the vacuum lines coming off the carb. The line that supplied timed vacuum to the distributor was going through a temperature control valve. I bypassed that to go directly to the distributor. I also inserted a plug in the line going to the EGR valve. I'll have to remember to change those two things back for smog testing. I was tempted to bump up the timing a bit but decided on a test drive first. She seems a lot smoother and peppier so I left the timing alone for now. Will be interesting to see how she starts up in the morning. At the end of the day, I applied a heavy coat of Vinylex to the roof, and a quick spray of wax on the paint, cleaned the windows and applied Meguires Foamy dash and trim dressing to the interior.

No comments:

Post a Comment