Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Radiator Again

Over the weekend, I tried to make the small leak of coolant stop, still assuming the drips were due to a trucculent hose clamp. But after double-clamping and still no joy, I decided the best choice is to either have a pro investigate, or just bite the bullet and order a replacement radiator. I just replaced the original a year ago with a new 4-row job. But it really looks like the seam on the right tank is weeping and with hot weather on the way, there is no room for a system that won't hold pressure. So I figured what the cost would be of having a pro look at it and determined I was going to save money by just getting a new radiator, new lower hose and new clamps, plus some coolant. I can then see if it's worthwhile to have the old radiator repaired and set aside as a spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment