Sunday, August 17, 2008

Updated the low-beam headlamps with a set of 165mm Hella E code lamps with supposedly DOT approved bulbs. Thing is, it came with both DOT and Euro spec bulbs. The E bulb says it's a 60/55w + 50% whereas the DOT bulb just says 60/55w. I added relays so the bulbs draw the heavy juice from the terminal on the back of the alternator and the headlight switch only powers the relays. The lamps came with an adapter wiring harness about 4" long to go between the factory lamp socket and the new lamp, effectively remapping the wires to different terminals. Naturally, in replacing the lamps, I managed to break two out of four of the plastic aim adjuster bases (the right side). HELP provided new ones, though they say they are for Mopar products. They fit just fine though. Look lightly different but as long as they work, I don't care.

I like the beam pattern on these lamps. I just need to get them aimed properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment