Saturday, June 21, 2008

Finishing up the dashboard mess from yesterday... I modified two of the instrument panel bulb sockets so that I could run a ground wire to one side of each bulb. Clipping the spring contact for that side so it didn't short to the printed circuit panel, I found that they work perfectly. So, with that done, I fabricated a mount for the right hand remote mirror control, right next to the antenna switch, as the factory would have done it had I had that option. It looks reasonably good. Then the pad had to go back on and I had a bit of metal I needed to bend out of the way of the left speaker, but even with that, the pad was a real bugger to get back on all the way. In the end, one clip at the right top end did not want to stay in place, so I left it out. Also, the vent hose for the far right vent kept pulling off the plenum, so I ran a screw through it to keep it in place. So the pad is now back on, the trim is all in place, the dash lights all work, and the two front speakers are now up to date. I have the wire pigtail for the right hand mirror in place so at some point I can pull the right door trim pad and finish running the wires through the door and attach the pigtail.The pigtail stops at the right bulkhead under the dash.

No comments:

Post a Comment