Friday, February 29, 2008

"A Problem Starting the Car"

DAS was supposed to be delivering the car to me today but instead, she still sits in Minneapolis. On Monday (25th), I called DAS to voice-verify what the web page was saying. The automated phone system said the delivery date was now 3/5/08. So I menued to get to a representative, and she told me that there was a problem starting the car. Gee, we have certainly been here before! And at the very same terminal! (This place must be like the Devil's Triangle or something. Cars get pulled in and disappear for weeks!) To summarize, the plugs weren't getting spark; the terminal had a mechanic who could work on it, if they knew what to look for; I faxed (763-253-1569) the ignition troubleshooting chart from the shop manual to them; by-and-by the mechanic got around to looking at it. So Thursday (28th) morning the DAS dude (Carl, 763-253-1568) at the terminal called to say it was running outside his office as we spoke. He contacted DAS in Texas to let them know and I followed up myself later. Later in the afternoon, status updated to "To Be Loaded" again, with an ETA of 3/7/08.

Repairs per invoice from the terminal were replacing the cap, rotor, coil and module (practically everything), and 2.5 hours of labor, for a total of about $300.

No comments:

Post a Comment